Come and paddle on one of Victoria’s nicest rivers
Goulburn Classic: Sat 11th November 2017
The Goulburn Classic is Australia’s oldest canoe race. It was originally 100 miles non-stop with heroic stories of paddlers negotiating the fast flowing river at night. In the 90s the race morphed into the Tour De bloody goulburn, a tour that used staged sections to highlight the beauty of the Goulburn River. The event will have 3 Stages over one day with stage 1 and 2 being mass starts (in waves) with stage 3 being a unique time trial event. The yellow jersey will be awarded at the end of each stage. This event will cater for all classes however it is ideal for canoes, ocean skis and river kayaks (k1, tk1s, and tk2s).
The Major Draw for the 2018 Gregory River Race will be drawn at the Goulburn Classic Presentation. Gregory River Race. http://www.northwestcanoeclub.org.au/
You can paddle 1, 2 or all 3 stages, it’s your choice.
The river has a powerful and deceptive current, the water is cold, therefore PFDS, footwear’s must be worn. Paddlers will need to be self reliant and competent in paddling in fast flowing water.
· 9.30 briefing at Trawool Bridge
- Stage 1 – 10km race Keresdale to Trawool Bridge
- Stage 2 – 17km Trawool Bridge to Seymour Caravan Park
- Stage 3 – 6km Time Trial from Caravan Park to Lyons Park Seymour ( meet at lunch time)
- Please email Tony Misson at email@example.com with your name, type of boat, your age, and for doubles, partner name and age. $15.00 per stage or $40 for the day. You can pay on the day (please bring correct money. It’s as simple as that! Tony will send you briefing notes & details.
- Please register ASAP and by Wednesday the 8th November 2017.
- You can register on the day; however there may be an additional late fee to cover the admin costs and non Aust canoeing can get a trialist fee covering insurance.