Refund and Credit Transfer Policy
Participant enrolment fees paid for AC Award Scheme programs (training and assessment) are non-refundable, except in the circumstances listed below:
- The program is cancelled by the NTP
- The NTP makes an error that results in the need to refund – partially or completely – enrolment fees paid
- The participant succumbs to serious illness, accident or medical condition that he/she was not aware of at the time of enrolment, and is able to produce a medical reference confirming the participant’s inability to participate (in the event that a participant is aware of an existing illness or medical condition that is not disclosed at the time of enrolment, and is then rendered unable to participate in the program as a result of that condition, enrolment fees will not be refunded)
Participants are entitled to a credit transfer in the following circumstances:
- The participant gives one week’s notice or more that he/she will be unable to attend the program that he/she is enrolled in
- In any other circumstance deemed appropriate by the NTP.
How will refunds be paid?
Refunds may be paid by cash, cheque, direct deposit to the participant’s nominated bank account, or by any other appropriate method as determined by the NTP.
Who is responsible for issuing the refund?
It is the NTP’s responsibility to issue any refunds owing. Australian Canoeing will not refund enrolment fees paid to NTP’s for AC Award Scheme programs.
When will the refund be received?
Refunds should be received no later than 10 working days after the refund has been approved.