2013 AC Marathon Competition Rules and Amendments
The 2013 AC Marathon Competition Rules are effective 1 November 2013.
The ACMRTC has initiated some amendments to ensure currency and relevancy. The 2013 AC Marathon Competition Rules had not been amended since 2005.
To summarise some of the changes:
- Layout change for ease of reference and reading.
- Veterans now referred to as Masters.
- Changes to Safety component including recommendation of risk management plans for events, medical/first aid in place before commencement of competition and motorised vessels to be used as safety boats.
- Team Leader requirements for national championships. States that do not nominate a Team Leader will be ineligible to score points for trophies at national championships.
- International Challenge Trophy name change to the Halford Challenge Trophy in recognition of the late Graham Halford's service to canoe marathon.
- Portages recommended at all levels of canoe marathon events.