Australian Junior Athletes (U/21) are invited to apply for The Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program for 2014.
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame (SAHOF) is an organisation which recognises Australia’s greatest sporting achievers, thereby preserving and celebrating the history of Australian sport and inspiring the next generation of sportapeople.
Applications are now open for the SAHOF Scholarship and Mentoring Program, which provides 12 months of encouragement and funding, including mentoring from a SAHOF member, valued at over $10, 000. Applications close 5pm Friday 19th July, 2013.
The program’s sponsors Etihad Airways and Victoria University assist SAHOF in providing 5 scholarship holders with:
· Personal Mentoring by a SAHOF Member
· $5,000 sporting expenses grant
· On-stage presentation of Scholarship & Certificate at The SAHOF Induction & Awards Gala Dinner – 10th October, Crown Palladium, Melbourne (travel costs met by SAHOF)
· One return flight within the Etihad Airways network
· Assigned SAHOF Scholarship Holder logo for agreed use
Scholarships apply from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Australian athletes aged under 21 as at Dec 31, 2013 are eligible.
The program was first introduced in 2006, and since then scholarship holders have been privileged to be mentored by Australian sporting legends such as Catherine Freeman, Susie O’Neill, Rechelle Hawkes, David Parkin, Robert de Castella, Bruce McAvaney, Nick Farr-Jones, Andrew Gaze, Liz Ellis, Mick Doohan and SAHOF Chairman, John Bertrand.
Last year canoe slalom Olympic Silver medalist Jessica Fox was nominated for SAHOF’s Don award
Please see below for the nomination form.