Paddling Hall of Fame Selection Criteria
Membership of the Paddle Australia Hall of Fame represents the highest level of recognition for an individual’s contribution to canoeing.
- Candidates will be considered and elected to the Hall of Fame biennially.
- Candidates must;
- be Australian Citizens;
- be superior achievers at the highest level of canoeing competition over a period exceeding six (6) years; or
- persons who have made an exceptional and continuous contribution over an extended period (minimum of 15 years) to canoeing as administrators, coaches, officials or in another capacity; and
- have the support of their peers.
- Athlete Candidates will not be considered for election until at least four (4) years after their retirement from the highest level of competition.
- In addition to their competitive achievements a Candidate’s integrity, sportsmanship and character shall be considered in the selection process. Any past disciplinary action may render a candidate’s ineligible.
- A maximum of three (3) Candidates may be inducted in each biennial period, except for the inaugural year of 2017.
- The process for the election of Candidates to the Hall of Fame shall be as follows:
- A Selection Committee shall be formed to select successful candidates for induction into the Hall of Fame in accordance with the selection criteria
- The Selection Committee shall comprise of the Honours Committee members who have been nominated by the Board of Paddle Australia (PA) and the President of PA (or nominee). PA shall consider gender and geographical diversity in nominating the Selection Committee.
- Candidates for consideration by the Selection Committee may be nominated by financial State Members of PA (as defined by the PA constitution).
- The decision of the Selection Committee regarding successful candidates shall be final provided the selection criteria have been followed.
- To be eligible for consideration, nominations are to be received by PA by the 31st July in each alternate year, commencing in 2018.
- PA shall act as secretariat for the Selection Committee.