HOW TO APPLY for the AISTS Athlete Scholarship
• Applicants must first apply for the AISTS MSA 2015 programme via the online application form (more information here: www.aists.org/howtoapply)
• Applicants must possess an undergraduate (Bachelor) university degree
• Applicants must be fluent in English as all courses are delivered in English
• Applicants must be a current or former international athlete
• Applicants must prove that they are able to cover the remaining 50% of the programme fee (CHF 13’500), support the cost of living in Lausanne (approx. CHF 2’100 per month which includes accommodation, food, insurance, etc.), and the cost of travel to Switzerland and back to their country of residence.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED to apply for the AISTS Athlete Scholarship (documents required in the online application form):
• Applicants must indicate expected financial support for all study induced expenses (incl. travel to Switzerland and back, housing, transportation and other additional cost of living).
• Applicants must include supporting documentation confirming their sporting achievements
• Applicants must include a motivation letter to their scholarship application (1 to 2 pages). This letter must be different to the motivation letter submitted with their application to the AISTS MSA.
For additional information on the AISTS Athlete Scholarship, please visit: www.aists.org/scholarships
The AISTS MSA (Master in Sports Administration) is a 14 month post graduate programme taking place in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital and starting in January each year. The programme consists of five core disciplines namely Management, Law, Technology, Sociology and Medicine with additional trans-disciplinary topics such as event management, anti-doping, sustainability, athlete career optimisation, and venue management to name just a few. Participants are required to complete a team project on a real topic for a real organisation, a research paper and at least 8 weeks of work experience in a sport organisation. The programme is aimed at providing participants with a 360° view of sports administration and equipping them with the skills and knowledge to apply themselves in a wide array of sport related professions.